Stroke Detection Plus
STROKE SCREENING: This mobile vascular screening company uses ultrasound technology to find blockages in the body’s blood vessels that could lead to a stroke. 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday. Dr. John Bryant Center, 601 21st St. Fees: $135 for a complete wellness profile or $45 for individual tests. Appointments are required, call (877) 732-8258.
Taoist Tai Chi Society of the United States
TAI CHI BEGINNER CLASSES: Beginner classes last three months, during which students learn the complete sequence of the Taoist Tai Chi set, which incorporates stretching and turning within a sequence of movements that improve the health of body, mind and spirit. Diligent practice can reduce tension, improve circulation and balance and increase strength and flexibility. 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays starting June 11 and 13. Prospective students can attend their first class at no obligation. Monthly fees: $40 adults, $25 seniors. DeKoven Center, assembly hall, 600 21st St. (enter on Wisconsin Avenue side of property). Call (262) 902-0725.
BloodCenter of Wisconsin
BLOOD DRIVES: Donors must be in good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and have a photo ID. To schedule an appointment, go to www.bcw.edu or call (877) 232-4376.
• June 11. Tichigan Lake Civic Center, 6710 Highway F, Tichigan, 2-6 p.m.
• June 12. Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington, 252 McHenry St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• June 16. Family Video Racine, 2065 Lathrop Ave., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• June 19. Atonement Lutheran Church, 2915 Wright Ave., 2-7 p.m.; Veterans Terrace, 589 Milwaukee Ave., Burlington, 2-7 p.m.
• June 20. Rochester Fire Department, 31020 Academy Road, Rochester, 2-7 p.m.
• June 28. Catholic Central High School, 148 McHenry St., Burlington, 2-7 p.m.
• June 30. Burlington Masonic Lodge 28, 325 N. Kane St., Burlington. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
American Red Cross
BABYSITTER TRAINING: This course gives youth ages 11-15 the knowledge and confidence to care for infants and school-age children. 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. June 16. Fee: $85. Red Cross office, 4521 Taylor Ave., Mount Pleasant. To register, go to www.redcross.org or call (888) 733-2767.
Western Racine County
IMMUNIZATIONS AND FREE BLOOD PRESSURE CLINICS
Children’s vaccines include: Chicken pox, diphtheria, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, Hib meningitis, HPV, measles, meningococcal, mumps, pertussis, pneumococcal, polio, rotavirus, rubella and tetanus.
Adult vaccines include: Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis), hepatitis A (severe food poisoning) and hepatitis B. TB skin test (must call 24 hours in advance to schedule), $10 plus the following administration fees.
Resident fees: Administration fee is $10 for one immunization, $15 for two and $30 for three or more. Non-resident fees: Administration fee is $20 for one immunization, $25 for two and $30 for three or more. Payment must be made by check or cash only. Badger Care and Medicaid fees are exempt with card.
• June 13, Western Racine County Health Department, 156 E. State St., Burlington, 4-6 p.m.
• June 18, Waterford Library, 101 N. River St., Waterford, 5-7 p.m.
• June 20, Western Racine County Health Dept., 156 E. State St., Burlington, 9-10 a.m.
• June 28, Western Racine County Health Department, 156 E. State St., Burlington, 4-6 p.m.
For more information, call (800) 688-4930 or (262) 763-4930 or visit the Web, www.wrchd.org.
Fitness File is published every Wednesday and includes notices of nonprofit fitness and health-related programs. The deadline to submit an announcement is seven days before the desired publication date. Mail information to Fitness File, c/o Diane Collins, 212 Fourth St., Racine, WI 53403; fax to (262) 631-1780; or submit it to the online calendar at www.journaltimes.com/calendar and use the “Health and Fitness” category.